Project: Analyze and identify the possible lines of development of company Aquila S.H.P.K.
Location: District of Malësi e Madhe
VSP expert: Antonio Zamara
Beneficiary: Company Aquila S.H.P.K. that deals with agricultural activity, breeding various animal species, processing and marketing of derived products as well as import/export activities of the same and related technical means. The company’s share capital is estimated at over 500,000 USD.
Foreword: The agri-food sector of the territory that runs Scutari, as well as the Albanese in general, has always been deficient in terms of animal origin, in terms of needs and population demand. In particular, the meat compartment ranging from an average consumption of 1 kg/month per persona, at the time of the “Socialist Economy”, to the current 3 kg. about, does not meet the internal request. This discomfort is even more felt by the people of the North West, where socio-economic reasons as well as politico-religious prefer pig meat and its innumerable derivatives. Additionally, in these areas, pig farming has always been a tradition of rural populations; not just as a source of savings in family budgets, but also as a source of income from selling piglets for fattening as well as meat slaughtered.
Objectives: Realization of a semi-intensive sinus planting of the modular capacity of 100 sows in production, with the possibility to market about 2,000 piglets/year, live weight up to 30 kg, to be used for family farms. A further market outlet is the restaurants and shops specializing in slaughtered animals. Given the peculiarities of the situation, the so-called “Rotation Crossing” is identified, with which sow slices are mixed alternately with rams of the other breed. Interesting would also be the exploitation of local races, endangered by the recovery of their collective genetic variability.
Proposed solution by the expert: The proposed solution takes into account the following aspects:
- Land plot sqm. 1,550;
- Slaughter and storage of meat. (Reception and stunning local for electroshock);
- Local bleaching, washing and taking off;
- Locally slicing in half and/or anatomical cuts and refrigeration cell;
- Plant and machinery (Feed, Take off);
- Watching birth;
- Slaughter and marketing.
From what follows:
- Location of the investment: Koplik Surrounding, overlooking the Lake of Scutari, in an optimum microclimate area. The site of the plant has settled soil and, in the vicinity, ready to be planted. There are no similar settlements in the country, with all that’s positive.
- Opportunities offered by the District: Road and railway links being refurbished with neighboring Montenegro and the Adriatic Coast; Possibility of electrical connection and water supply.
- Plant costs: 28.000.000 Lek, equal to 200.000,00 Euro (change: 1 € = 140 Lek)
- Financial depreciation period: 4.3 years.
- Realization time: about 1 year. The construction work will be entrusted to a specialized company, while the activation of the plants can be carried out in the economy through internal companies of the company.
Conclusion: The Company Aquila SHPK is economically sound and directed by a competent entrepreneur. A preliminary technical-socio-economic analysis, backed up by official data, showed that, in the face of real market demands, there is no rational, economic internal supply in the pig sector. In particular, in the districts of North-West, with a majority population in Cattolica, there is a clear need for poultry meat sanitized and poultry for domestic fattening. The entrepreneur and the expert, propose a pig farm, made and conducted according to the royalties of the organic livestock products as provided by the current EU legislation. The modularity of the proposed solution must be understood both in the horizontal sense (increase in the reproducers) and in the “vertical” sense (increased slaughter weight). In the latter case, in the face of a sharp increase in profits, due to the different economic performance of the food, there will be greater costs for slaughtering and distribution of meat. In both cases, however, it is desirable to integrate with economic figures upstream and downstream of the actual production process. This, among other things, would enable the formation of a “Mutual Partnership Society” whose activities are exempt from any tax.