|Description of the Requirements
||Textile expert for lecture or workshop
|Details on expertise
||Travnik will be hosting the upcoming TIMOD Fair, gathering textile manufacturing companies from across the country and region. As a part of this fair, there will be workshops and lectures focused on the industry.
The WHAM team would like to engage an expert volunteer(s) in the field of textile manufacturing, marketing, industry trends, new products development, new technologies or materials, market segmentation analysis, and other relevant topics that might be interesting for export-oriented companies from the region.
|Type of Client
||Sales and marketing
- Provide a one-hour lecture during the fair on one of the topics: textile manufacturing, marketing, industry trends, new products development, new technologies or materials, market segmentation analysis, and other relevant topics that might be interesting to export-oriented companies from the region.
- Provide at least one day of consultations with selected companies in one-on-one discussions to further explain trends and situations in the industry.
- Presentation notes and materials.
- Trip report that includes summary of assignment, as well as next steps for beneficiaries.
- At least 10 years of total work experience, 5 of which are in the textile industry;
- Advanced teaching and/or presentational experience and skills are appreciated: Training skills, including participatory training in group settings;
- Candidates with a track record of successfully executed trainings and workshops will be prioritized;
- Experience in SME’s management and startups is appreciated;
- Ability to work effectively in cross-cultural contexts; prior experience working overseas—especially in Bosnia and Herzegovina and/or the Balkans—is helpful;
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented, mature, professional team player, who is a strong people person and communicator, with good inter-personal skills;
- Well-developed writing skills in English and the ability to express one’s self clearly and concisely;
- Good computer skills in MS Office.
|Expected Project Start Date
||IESC provides comprehensive support to experts before, during, and after the anticipated assignment in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Support to include:
- All travel and logistics arrangements and costs to be provided by IESC including airfare, visas, medical examinations, medevac and emergency travel insurance, and transit expenses;
- Project management and oversight from the home office in Washington, DC;
- All accommodations, transport, meals, and incidental expenses throughout the duration of the assignment;
- Translation and communications support; and,
- Follow up and administrative support for the production and dissemination of the final report and deliverables for the project.